- Provides antioxidant support*
- Promotes appearance of healthy skin and hair
- Lifts mood while having a calming effect
Application: A T I N
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Sweet, rich, spicy
Main Chemical Components: Germacrene, caryophyllene
Plant Part: Flower
Ylang Ylang essential oil is derived from the star-shaped flowers of the tropical Ylang Ylang tree and is used extensively in making perfumes and in aromatherapy. Similar to Jasmine, Ylang Ylang has been used for centuries in religious and wedding ceremonies. In aromatherapy, Ylang Ylang is used to lessen tension and stress and to promote a positive outlook. Ylang Ylang is frequently used in luxurious hair and skin products for its scent and nourishing and protective properties. Taken internally, Ylang Ylang provides antioxidant support.* Ylang Ylang blends well with Bergamot, Geranium, Grapefruit, and Vetiver.
- Put doTERRA Ylang Ylang essential oil into an Epsom Salt bath for relaxation.
- Refresh your skin with an aromatherapy steam facial using Ylang Ylang essential oil.
- Put on your wrists for a sweet, floral perfume.
- Take internally for antioxidant support.*
- Apply Ylang Ylang oil to the back of the neck for a calming, uplifting effect.
- Blend several drops of Ylang Ylang with Fractionated Coconut Oil and massage into back and shoulders to help reduce the effects of daily stress.
- During the damaging heat of the summer, massage Ylang Ylang into your scalp to increase the appearance of healthy, shiny hair.
- Diffuse doTERRA Ylang Ylang to lift your mood while experiencing a calming effect.
- Promotes a positive outlook.